Thursday, May 31, 2007

this is the best ebay auction i've ever seen

Vintage early 80s Tankini - the first one ever made!

I saw this 3 piece Tankini in Bloomingdales Juniors dept in 1984 so I bought it for my trip to Fiji - way before "Survivor"! I think I paid $24.00 for it. It was rather 'Punk" for the time, and I was in my Punk phase with two-toned hair that I usually spiked, but not sightseeing Fiji. This wonderful Tankini attracted the attention of three awesome dudes, one from Canada, One from New Zealand and the short one my favorite - from France -oh-la-la. Check out those short shorts! Back then there were no real bridges over rivers, the last photo shows the car we rented going over a so called "bridge" of planks. Real Survivor living before it became popular!

The Tankini has lasted in very nice condition - at least the 2 top pieces. The bottom is stretched out and cannot be worn. It is a cotton knit - hot pink stripes with heather grey. Size 5/6 but will also fit a small built medium - has some stretch. This is a very Unique bathing suit from the Punk Rock 80s.

Smells clean $5.00 Shipping requested ..