Tuesday, May 1, 2007

disclaimer: embarrassing content. be warned

so, yesterday after reading this:
http://perezhilton.com/topics/quote_of_the_day/quote_of_the_day_20070430.php,
i decided that i'm going to make a conscious effort to chill with the celeb blogs. seriously, they take over my life. today, i've only looked at perez once and haven't looked at the superficial or fuggingitup at all. i'm kinda freaking out. it's like going through withdrawal

anyway, after i read that, i fucking left a comment!! (i know)
here it is:

"that was so amazingly intelligent and articulate. it's not surprising that perez has no response. i feel very conflicted reading this site and buying tabloid magazines when for the most part, i agree with everything that alexa had to say in terms of our culture's obsession with the media. in fact, i think her post has inspired me to chill out with the blogs and tabs and actually be productive! maybe if perez was as articulate as alexa, he could do something positive. it's great to support gay rights, be anti-racist, etc. but continuing to call women "ugly whores" perpetuates the problem and continues the fucked up cycle."

hahhahahha what the fuck is wrong with me?! you like how i'm all like, "WELL MAYBE IF PEREZ..." AHHHHHAHHAHA

but seriously, i'm not the only one...

"I'm so inspired by what Alexa wrote, that I've decided to boycott this site. I have always come here for the latest gossip, but this site's vibe has changed for the worst, and become too cruel. There are plenty other internet sites out there witht he latest gossip who go about it in better ways. I'm going to pass this along to all my gossip loving friends, as well. Perez, you need to clean up your act. Take a look at your own appearance. Gross!"

this one's my fave:

"Perez,

I do appreciate you for all you do for the sake of entertainment. You have some amazing potential and have only tapped into a portion of it. I can also tell by your pictures that you're a magnetic person with some GREAT energy! You truly emanate joy!

But after reading Alexis Joel's blog, which I think is gracious of you to post on your website, this website of yours has seen its last hit from me. I discovered you back in early '05 and you gave me something to look forward to each and every morning. You were a mini-escape for me at a time when life wasn't feeling "all that." But what your website represents is NOT what is all good in this world . . . or even all neutral. It represents a superficiality and a negativity that is self-made. Our words, our actions, our thoughts are bringing down people for our own greater good, but what good is it? A reader above made the point that what we are creating is some seriously bad karma for ourselves. Well, I don't know about you, but for me, I'm taking a stand now to stop giving in to this world. I'm choosing now to let you go and let me take myself to the places in this world that create positive, create good, that feel better than this place.

I wish you the very best in your future. I hope that only good surrounds you. Thank you for being such a strong fixture in my daily life.

Farewell.

~ Jennifer R."


seriously though, like why not?

2 comments:

danielle said...

yeahh i read that yesterday and was like, good job girl! gossip sites have been boring me for quite some time. lately i've been reading gawker, slate and radar over anything else. even though they are still just as obsessed with pop culture they at least seem to be somewhat educated and witty as opposed to stupid and insulting

secret said...

wowww, perez always kinda bothered me, i think he's really cheap and tacky. i seriously cant read that stuff anymore, like when i lived in boston i read US Weekly but here i dunno, you just can't. it's kind of an interesting thing. you see the papparazzi when you're going out at night sometimes, and it's pretty terrifying.

i do read Defamer, which i still think is pretty smart and clever, and maybe better it's more like "industry" than tabloid.

Speaking of, did you guys read the USWeekly with tomkat on the cover? i was told i should read the article cos it talks about how nuts Scientology is and blatantly states how tom set up business meetings with ScarJo and Jessica Alba etc. before Katie. crazyy